Monday 15 November 2010

TACOT Racers

Cast your mind back to the year 2000. Remember that brave new world? Back then I think I was enjoying the best real job I ever had with loads of lovely people. We on the interactive TV game department could basically do what we wanted. You never get that freedom now with game designs and I think it shows. This was the title screen to TACOT racers: Tiny Animated Creatures On Television was the acronym (although there was a another secret acronym for those in the know). This was a top down racer for ITV. I didn't do the CGI but I designed the characters. I don't think we got a UK release but we were massive in Scandinavia. It was a shame Gameplay went spectacularly tits ups but it still remains in its original pre-evolved form here.

No comments:

Post a Comment