Wednesday 30 December 2009

Day of the Triffids

I'm a big John Wyndham fan and I really enjoyed the BBC's version of 'The Day of the Triffids' that was on yesterday and the day before. But as I was watching it I was thinking that the Triffids didn't seem to be as scary as the terrifying 80s version and that it is really hard to make a plant scary anyway. The plant episode of 'Life' did it well when they were covering carnivorous plants but then you knew their insect prey was really doomed.
So I decided to design the perfect Triffid. Like the BBC, I ignored how Wyndham described them (you can see his original sketch here) and just went for pure terror. I think you'll agree that I've achieved that. So if there's anyone from the Beeb design department reading this, feel free to give me a shout for your next big show! And you lot, get down the library and read all of John Wyndham's books as they're ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment